The CompTIA Network+ certification is an IT certification exam that verifies you have the essential knowledge and skills in networking to develop a career in IT infrastructure.
Unlike other vendor-specific networking certifications, CompTIA Network+ prepares you to support the network regardless of the platform. It forms the foundation you need before specializing in a vendor solution. CompTIA Network+ is the only industry certification that covers both wired and wireless networks.
CompTIA’s Network+ validates the knowledge and skills needed to troubleshoot, configure and manage wired and wireless networks found in companies around the world. CompTIA Network+ certifies a professional-level understanding of emerging technologies, including cloud and virtualization technologies.
CompTIA Network+ Exam
CompTIA Network+ ensures an IT professional has the following knowledge and skills:
- Design and implement functional networks
- Configure, manage, and maintain essential network devices
- Use devices such as switches and routers to segment network traffic and create resilient networks
- Identify benefits and drawbacks of existing network configurations
- Implement network security, standards and protocols
- Troubleshoot network problems
- Support the creation of virtualized networks
The CompTIA Network+ exam includes the following domains and topics:
- Networking Concepts: Explain the purpose of a variety of networking concepts and implement them appropriately.
- Infrastructure: Determine and explain the appropriate cabling, device and storage technologies.
- Network Operations: Use best practices to manage the network, determine policies and ensure business continuity.
- Network Security: Summarize physical security and common attacks while securing the wired and wireless network.
- Network Troubleshooting and Tools: Explain the network troubleshooting methodology and appropriate tools to support connectivity and performance.